The Utrecht Excellence Scholarships in the Netherlands have been a fantastic chance for bright foreign students from countries outside the European Economic Area, such as Europe, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway. These financed scholarships in Holland are intended for students who want to further their studies abroad, specifically at Utrecht University.
Utrecht University and Utrecht University Alumni contributed to the creation of the program. It enables every intelligent and dedicated student to advance their profession while also becoming a cardinal member of an internationally recognized university.
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) provides a number of foreign students from outside the European Economic Area with the chance to study a Master’s degree at Utrecht University in a variety of subjects.
Every year, almost 1500 students attend the institution to get world-class education. The institution provides students with a variety of learning options that are critical in today’s globalized society.
- Utrecht University, Netherlands
Level/Field of study:
- Eligible International Master’s programmes offered by the University.
Number of Awards:
- Not specified
Group to target:
International Students from Non-EEA Nations (EEA = the EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway)
Value/inclusions/duration of the scholarship:
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship might be given in the form of tuition costs OR tuition fees + the requisite income related to a one-year residence permit for study as determined by the Immigration and Naturalisation Service. The scholarship is valid for the duration of the program.
To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of the top 10% of your graduating class*
- Must not own an EU/EEA passport and be ineligible for study grants and loans under the Dutch system.
- Have finished secondary school and/or a Bachelor degree outside of the Netherlands • Have applied to an approved foreign master’s program beginning on September 1
Non-EU/EEA students will have the opportunity to apply for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from November 1, after submitting an application (or applications) for a UES qualifying Master’s course before the deadline. Prospective students who want to be considered for the scholarship must apply by January 31 otherwise the application window will close.
- You can apply by visiting the Official Scholarship Website here. You can find more Netherlands scholarships here.