The PEO (Philanthropic Educational Organization) is a need-based international peace scholarship hosted in the U.S. for candidates who want to pursue a graduate or master’s study in the U.S.
It is a need-based because it would require you to present your family’s financial incomes or salary.
Some scholarships a basically based on the financial needs of students which means if your family does not have the finances to train you for a master’s you may be considered for the award.
But first, you must provide proof of one-year income of your family to show that it is not above the eligible figure. Some scholarships may have requirements that qualify only family members whose yearly earnings are below $70,000.
The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs
- You must have completed your bachelor’s degree or undergraduate studies that are equivalent to the U.S. or Canada bachelor’s degree before you can apply.
- Applicants must show they have a commitment in the home country which should see them return after the program. To contribute to the growth and development of your home country and to help improve the economic, social and technological advancement of their country, pursuing careers in the teaching and research faculties of their home institutions and also taking on positions in the public sector.
- Apply to the intended institution in the U.S. and Canada at the time of application or you should currently be running your program at any university abroad.
- Applicants are selected based on academic performances and achievements.
- Applicants must show leadership qualities to thrive in the home country.
- English language proficiency is very vital and proof to show that is usually required.
The scholarship is not available to applicants who taking Online Courses or Training, Research, internship, or any practical training that is not associated with coursework.
The program is for international students who is not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the U.S.
How to Apply
You can read more about the program on its website. And you can apply here.
Note: please bear in mind that Gettoguide does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. we simply provide you information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.
It’s great things