The Google Women Techmakers Scholars Program is for International women in the field of computer science and computer engineering around the globe.
Last year, the program offered 20 scholarships to eligible women around the globe who showed great academic performance in the I.T. field. Formerly called the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program.
The award for this program for the eventual winners varies; if you are studying in the U.S., Canada, Europe/Middle East/Africa or Asia you will receive US$10,000, $5,000 CAD or EUR 7000 respectively. Please note that the award for Asian women is not yet available on the website.
Those who eventually receive this scholarship will also be invited for the yearly google student retreat to help them connect with fellow scholars, share ideas, and partake in the different development workshops.
There are different requirements for each region provided, each has separate deadlines just as they have a different award. But one thing they in common is that they will all be part of the google community and have access to the different forums where resources are shared.
- Applicants must be women in the I.T., Computer Science or Computer Engineering Field.
- All Applying must currently be enrolled at a university that has been accredited for the academic year.
- Applicants must have intensions to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa, Asia, Canada, or the U.S. for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Applicants are selected based on academic performances and achievements.
- Applicants must show leadership qualities to thrive in the home country.
- English language proficiency is very vital and proof to show that is usually required.
Application Requirements and Documents.
- Applying students will be asked to provide answers to five essay questions.
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor.
- Current resume.
- Provide the necessary information about you, your contact information and other information concerning your current school or the intended institution.
Application for Asian women is currently closed but the application for other continents is open and you can apply here.
Note: please bear in mind that Gettoguide does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. we simply provide you information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.