International Students are welcome to apply to the VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme (VUFP) in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The scholarship permits enrollment in Masters-level courses in any of the subjects offered by the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
Talented aspiring non-EU/EEA students have the rare chance to study a Master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam under the VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP).
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam in Netherlands
Level/Field(s) of study:
- English-taught Master’s Degree Programmes offered at the University
Number of Scholarships:
- Not specified.
Group to target:
- Students from outside the EU/EEA. Students from the following countries are encouraged to apply for VUFP.
Who Qualifies for this Award? You are qualified if:
- You do not have an EU/EEA passport and are ineligible for the reduced tuition cost.
- You are not of Dutch nationality.
- You may demonstrate your academic brilliance (GPA equivalent to a Dutch 8).
- You are admitted conditionally or unconditionally to the first year of a full-time English-taught Master’s course at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam beginning in September 2023. Please keep in mind that students starting in February are not eligible to apply, and joint programs where VU Amsterdam does not oversee the admission procedure are not eligible for VUFP.
- The degree for which you are applying was not attained in the Netherlands.
- You are not required to finish a preparatory program before beginning your Master’s degree.
Scholarship worth and inclusions:
The tuition expenses are covered by the VUFP scholarship. The VUFP scholarship does not include any additional funding for education or living expenses.
The VUFP scholarship is available for either a one-year or two-year Master’s degree. The scholarship will only be extended for the second year of the two-year Master’s degree if all credits from the first year have been completed.
When you apply for the VUFP scholarship, you are simultaneously applying for the Holland Scholarship Programme. There is no need for a separate application. If awarded, the HSP is a payment to living expenses of 5.000 EUR or 10.000 EUR per year.
How to Apply for this Award
Please keep in mind that you must have applied for and been conditionally admitted to the Master’s course before applying for the VUFP scholarship.
Students must enroll in a Master’s program through Studielink by December 1, 2022. (from 1 October 2022). Then, before February 1, 2023, you must submit your VUFP application and accompanying documentation in your VU dashboard (from 1 November 2022).
To access the application portals and for more information on how to apply for this scholarship, please visit the official website (link provided below).
Scholarship Information and learn how to apply here. You could also find other Scholarships in the Netherlands Here