The government of New Zealand is currently offering scholarship awards to international students around the world. International students who are applying for bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. programs at a credible university in New Zealand are more than welcomed to apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship aims to bring international students from developing nations to come to New Zealand to work and study.
Every year, the New Zealand government launches new scholarships and award programs to help support students financially at top universities in New Zealand, and the latest scholarship is the New Zealand Awards scholarship.
The New Zealand scholarship award offers fully-funded tuition fees return air travel fare, monthly allowances, contribution to living expenses, and so many more benefits.
Host Institution and Country:
New Zealand Higher Education Institutions and New Zealand Universities
Scholarship Sponsored by:
New Zealand Government
Level/Field of Study or Subject:
Bachelors or Masters Programs in a wide range of fields of study offered at participating New Zealand Universities like Science and Engineering, Medical, Arts, Law, Economics, and Management, Social Sciences, Technology, Environmental & Many other Fields. All the Expenses will be covered
Number of Scholarships Available:
- Full Tuition Fees
- Living Allowance (a stipend) of NZ$491 per week.
- An Establishment Allowance of NZ$3000. This is to help with set-up costs in New Zealand. For example, you can use it for Accommodation expenses, textbooks, or other study materials.
- Medical insurance when you are in New Zealand
- Airfare Travel Tickets to and from your own country.
- Travel Insurance
- Travel Home During your scholarship (We allow for one or two trips home, depending on the length of your scholarship.)
- Help with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate students.
You are required to
- Have at least one year of working experience.
- Ensure you are from one of the countries listed below and that you are applying to study or have gained admission into one of the eligible schools mentioned.
- Applicants must be non-citizen of New Zealand but should be from any of the countries listed above.
- Applicants must be both physically and mentally fit to undertake a course program in New Zealand
- Applicants applying for bachelor programs must have completed a previous high school diploma and should be under the age of 21
- Applicants applying for a Master’s program must have completed a bachelor’s program and not exceed the age of 30.
- Applicants Must also demonstrate excellent academic performance and possess the ability to do a proper research
Eligible University in New Zealand
Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
Target Group: The scholarship is open to students from the following 130 countries:
Micronesia, Fiji*, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
New Zealand Scholarships Commonwealth Countries:
Cambodia, Indonesia, Jordan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam. Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia.
Pacific Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad, and Tobago.
Latin American Countries:
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela. Application Deadline: Shown on the Scholarship page.
How to Apply:
- Applicants are advised to apply before the close of the application by the deadline day. The scholarship comes up every year so be sure to look out for it here in the next year if you missed this one.
- Applicants who meet the requirements for this scholarship can submit a formal application through their website. You can click the “apply for scholarship” button to visit the scholarship page.
Scholarship Website and Application link(s):
Note: please bear in mind that ASTROLAKEJOB.COM does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. we simply provide you information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.