Studying in Canada will require you to apply for a study permit or a student visa if you are an international student applying from within or outside Canada.
Steps To Apply For Canada Student Visa
There few steps you must cover to get to the stage of applying for a student visa and that is:
- Searching for a government-approved school for international students in Canada (Designated Learning Institute).
- You will have to get accepted into one of the schools. See details on how to apply to a Canadian school.
- Get travel insurance.
- Obtain a medical clearance certificate.
- A police certificate or document.
- You need a scanner or camera to take pictures online and a valid debit card to make payments.
- Show proof of funds, enough to cover your school fees, living expenses, and your transportation back home.
- Proof of language proficiency
- A Passport
If you have all of these things in place, then you can proceed with applying for a student visa to Canada.
How to apply for a student visa to Canada online.
- Visit the official Canadian website
- Scroll down the page and thick either one of the three options
- Outside Canada
- Inside Canada
- Port of Entry
- Then select apply online and the instructions are given there.
- Proceed to create your account or sign in if you already have one.
- You can sign up using either a GCkey (recommended) or using your online banking details.
- Click on apply to come to Canada
- Complete a questionnaire to get your Personal reference number or code.
- Log in to your account and fill out the application there. you cannot fill your application using another person’s account.
- Save the application afterward
- Upload all your documents that are required mentioned earlier in this article. You can find out on the website.
- After filling out the application, you will need to pay the application charge and other charges associated such as the biometric fee which usually costs about $85 CAD and the study permit costs $150 CAD.
- Now you have to wait for your application to be processed.