The Japanese government is offering thousands of scholarships to international students from around the world who wish to study in Japan. The Japanese scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship program available to Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral students. Applicants are to first secure an admission offer from a university in Japan in all academic fields available at the universities.
This is just one of many scholarships provided by the Japanese government and every year international students are offered thousands of scholarships under MEXT (The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology) to help improve and promote the active exchange of international students in the different Japanese university.
Host Institution and Country:
- Japanese Government, Japan
Scholarship Sponsored by:
- Japanese Government
Level/Field of Study or Subject:
- Bachelor, Master and Post-Doctoral Research Social Science Programs
Number of Scholarships Available:
There are large numbers of scholarships available for international students in more than 273 Japanese Universities. You can start applying today.
Successful applicants will receive a financial benefit that covers:
- Exempt from Registration Fee
- Fully covered tuition fee
- Free accommodation for the student on campus
- Expenses will also cover a monthly research regional allowance
- The monthly stipend varies each year depending on the Japanese government scholarships budget
- Transportation allowance to and fro Japan
- Undergraduate studies: 4-5 years
- Masters Studies: 2-3 years
- Ph.D. Studies: 3-4 years
The scholarship is open to only
- Applicants must be non-citizen of Japan and from a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Applicants must be both physically and mentally fit to undertake a course program in Japan
- Applicants applying for the undergraduate scholarships must have completed secondary school education.
- Applicants applying for a Master’s program must have completed a bachelor’s program and not exceed the age of 35.
- Applicants applying for a Doctoral degree program must first complete a Master studies and be below the 40 years
- Applicants Must also demonstrate excellent academic performance and possess the ability to do a proper research
- Applicants must ensure they provide all the required documents such as the Scholarship application form, passport scan, photographs, Curriculum Vitae, Academic thesis or relevant publications (for Ph.D. program applicants), Certificate of highest degree attained, a transcript, two recommendation letters, a language test result, and so on.
Target Group: The scholarship is open to all international applicants who are not citizens of Japan.
Application Deadline: Shown on the Scholarship page.
How to Apply:
- To apply for this scholarship, you will have to do that through a Japanese embassy in your home country. You can find an updated list of the Japanese embassy in different countries here
- Find your country on the list, and visit the website and start applying.
Scholarship Website and Application link(s):
Apply For Scholarship
Note: please bear in mind that ASTROLAKEJOB.COM does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. we simply provide you information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.