The Jane M. Klausman Women In Business Scholarship awards the sum of $8,000 dollars to women who are in the business field regardless of which level in studies you are. The scholarship is meant to encourage women who have chosen a career in the business field, give them a platform to thrive.
You can be an undergraduate when you apply for this program or doing a higher degree, but you must be a woman studying a business-related course or program. According to reports, just 21.2% of women of Fortune 500 companies occupy the board seats and only 4.8% of these women are CEOs in those companies.
The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship was founded in the year 1998 from a generous donation by Jane M. Klausman, a member of the Zonta Club of Syracuse, New York, USA, and the 1990-1995 Zonta International Parliamentarian.
The scholarship program aims to break the barrier between men and women in society, overcoming gender equality, and breaching the gap from the classroom to the boardroom for women.
- All women who are in the business field (with a special interest in accounting, finance, business management, marketing, operations management, human resources management, international business, or entrepreneurship at an accredited university/college/institute) are eligible irrespective of your age.
- Candidates are selected on academic performances and outstanding potentials in the business field.
- The applicant must have completed at least one year of an undergraduate program or be in the final year of a master’s program at the period of application.
- Applicants must still remain a student and must not have completed her program at the time the funds for the scholarship is been disbursed.
- The scholarship is not renewable, so previous winners or the recipient will not be allowed to apply for another.
- Members, employees of the Zonta international and their family members are not eligible for this program.
- Applicants must be living and studying in the Zonta region or district during the time of application.
- Applicants must be nominated by a Zonta Club and must not apply to more than one Zonta district.
- The Zonta club selects the eligible applications and sends them to the respective Zonta Regional representative.
- One applicant per district is selected by the regional Zonta representative and the application is sent to the Zonta International headquarters.
- The Zonta International Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship Committee selects six international recipients from the district/region applicants.
All Zonta applications start in January and must reach the Zonta international district by September. Deadlines for applicants to submit applications to the Zonta club are determined by the club. Find out more via
Note: please bear in mind that Gettoguide does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. we simply provide you information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.