The University of Twente Scholarship is now accepting applications. This post will go into great depth regarding this scholarship, its application advantages, and the detailed application procedure.
The University of Twente offers University Twente Scholarships (UTS) to outstanding students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA nations who wish to enroll in the MSc program.
There are about 50 scholarships available, ranging from 3,000 to 22,000 euros for the duration of the award. To help with the costs of the second year, students can earn an extra UTS.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): University of Twente
- Study in: Netherlands
- Program Period: 2 years
- Number of Available Scholarships: Approximately 50 scholarships are available
- Deadline: Avalaible from February 01, / May 01 each year
Level/Field(s) of study:
Qualifying Master’s Programmes offered at the University:
- · Applied Mathematics
- · Applied Physics
- · Biomedical Engineering
- · Business Administration
- · Business Information Technology
- · Chemical Engineering
- · Civil Engineering and Management
- · Communication Science
- · Computer Science
- · Construction Management and Engineering
- · Educational Science and Technology
- · Electrical Engineering
- · Embedded Systems
- · Environmental and Energy Management
- · European Studies
- · Health Sciences
- · Industrial Design Engineering
- · Industrial Engineering and Management
- · Interaction Technology
- · Mechanical Engineering
- · Nanotechnology
- · Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- · Psychology
- · Public Administration
- · Sustainable Energy Technology
- · Systems and Control
The University of Twente Scholarship gives the following benefits to the recipient:
- € 3,000 – € 22,000 per year
- In the event of a two-year program, students might get an extra UTS equivalent to the amount received in the first year to cover the expenditures of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be extended for the second year if students fulfill the UTS application conditions.
- You must have achieved the following:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the first year’s third quartile
- At least 50% of European Credits at the conclusion of the first year’s third quartile
University of Twente Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for a University of Twente Scholarship (UTS), you must meet the following criteria:
- You meet the general English language exam requirement of Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an extra 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the sub-score of speaking abilities.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- The application for a UT scholarship is independent from the application for a course at the University of Twente. Regardless of financing, you must first get an acceptance letter.
- You have been admitted (provisionally) to one of the qualified UT Master programs beginning in the academic year on the September of the current year.
- Please keep in mind that it may take up to 8 weeks to obtain your results after submitting your application.
- You must have a student identification number.
- You have not completed a UT (under)graduate program;
- You meet the requirements for getting a visa to enter the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You do not qualify for a Dutch student loan.
- The University Twente Scholarship is awarded to outstanding students. Typically, this signifies that you are among the top 5 to 10% of your class.
How to Apply for a Scholarship at the University of Twente
Please follow the steps below to apply for the University of Twente Scholarship:
- You must first apply for a Master’s program. From this page, you must register an account on the university’s website.
- You can apply for the scholarship using your student number after applying for a Master’s course and receiving a (conditional) acceptance letter.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, fill out the online application by clicking here. You could visit the website here for more information.
Check out more University Scholarships in the Netherlands Here