This is a scholarship for smart, intelligent, and academically sound international students from developing countries. International students who have shown great academic promise, and also have a passion for community development have the opportunity to study in Canada, the USA, UK, and other selected universities in Africa.
The MasterCard scholarship foundation is one of the many scholarships available to outstanding international students who cannot afford to further their education. The MasterCard Scholarship Foundation was founded on September 26, 2012.
The scholarship is a 10 years’ scholars program with a $500 million budget, which would help sponsor over 15,000 international students, covering their tuition fees, books, and other school-related expenses.
Benefits of the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- Fully funded tuition fees,
- Books, scholastic material and social support.
Institutions that are currently participating in the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program.
Schools in the US
- Arizona State University
- Duke University
- University of California Berkeley
- Michigan State University
- Wellesley College
- Stanford University
- McGill University
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- Ashesi University College, Ghana
- African Leadership Academy (ALA), South Africa
- BRAC, Uganda
- Carnegie Mellon University, Rwanda
- The University of Abomey, Republic of Benin
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana
Other Region or Countries in the world
- African Institute for Mathematical sciences
- University of Edinburgh UK
- Jacobs University, Germany
- EARTH University, Costa Rica
- American University of Beirut
Qualifications for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship.
- You must prove and show great academic excellence and achievements.
- You or your family must provide proof to show of lack of sufficient funds to support your studies. This means you must satisfy that you have no other means of acquiring further education at the University.
- Show the willingness to give back to your community, country, or continent, either through social, political or economic means.
- Show that you will return to your country when you are done with your studies.
How to Apply
Each of the schools mentioned above has their separate eligibility criteria, so you must do your research depending on your school of choice and program of study to find out more about their eligibility criteria, their deadlines, and other instructions for the application.
- Select the school and program you want to apply. And it might interest you to know that there are no limits to the number of schools you should apply to.
- Find out the necessary documents required by the institute you are applying to.
- You must first meet the admission requirements of the university to be considered for this program
- You must have a language proficiency proof if you are coming to Canada, Germany, the UK, or the US.
- A recommendation letter is also necessary for this program.
Find out more about the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship program.
Note: please bear in mind that Gettoguide does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. we simply provide you information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.