Students who wish to study at the University of Western Ontario will have the opportunity to apply for various scholarships to cover their tuition fees as well as other academic expenses.
The university wants to recognize and attract international students who have demonstrated great academic achievements as well as personal accomplishments and have also shown great leadership skills.
The university provides different financial aid that ranges from scholarships, bursaries, grants, and awards to eligible students.
The University of Western Ontario was founded in the year 1919, and it is regarded as one of the oldest public research universities in Ontario and Canada. The university is constantly looking to sponsor thousands of students from different countries to come to study a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
University of Western Ontario International Excellence Awards for International Students
Host Institution and Country:
University of Western Ontario
Level/Field of Study or Subject:
All bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree programs and subjects are offered at the University of Western Ontario.
Number of Scholarships Available:
|Western Scholarship of Excellence
|250 scholarships at $8000 each
($6,000 in the first year, plus $2,000 for an optional study abroad experience.)
|Top high school admission average.
|Western Scholarship of Distinction
($2,500 in first year, plus $1,000 for optional study abroad experience).
|Final admission average of 92.0% to 100.0%.
|Western Admission Scholarship
($1,500 in first year, plus $1,000 for optional study abroad experience).
|Final admission average of 90.0% to 91.9%.
You can apply for any of the scholarships listed above via the school’s official website, you will also find other scholarship opportunities like faculty-specific scholarship awards on the schools’ website.
To qualify for any scholarship provided by the university, you must the following conditions which include:
- Meeting the university’s admission requirements and conditions
- You are to be enrolled for full-time studies at the main campus in order to be eligible. If you are studying part-time or you at any point withdrew from the academic year, you will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Admission Scholarships cannot be deferred.
- Your admission scholarship will not be confirmed until you have paid the first fees installment.
- Applying students must be eligible international students who have a valid Canadian study permit.
- Applicants are expected to have paid the tuition fee for a full-time Master’s or Ph.D. degree program at the University of Western Ontario.
- If you are from a country where English is not the first language, and your previous studies were not taught in English Language, then you must present proof of language proficiency
Target Group: The scholarship is open to citizens of different countries around the world including developing countries;
Application Deadline: Shown on the Scholarship page.
How to Apply:
- To apply for this scholarship, you will have to begin by clicking the “Apply For Scholarship” button so that you are redirected to the scholarship official page
- Be sure to check out the expiration date which is on the schools’ website, so that you apply early.
- There are several scholarships you can apply for this year. The scholarships are offered based on merit.
- You will have to present supporting documents like the transcript, medical result, language test result, references, and so on.
Scholarship Website and Application link(s):
Note: please bear in mind that ASTROLAKEJOB.COM does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. We simply provide you with information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.