The United Kingdom’s visa system is made up of a points-based system (PBS), which is designed to make sure that only those migrants who will benefit the UK economically are admitted into the country.
There are five tiers of the PBS, and Tier 2 is for skilled workers who have been offered a job in the UK. In order to be eligible for a Tier 2 visa, migrants must first obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a UK-based employer.
However, obtaining a CoS can be a difficult and costly process, particularly for small businesses. In order to sponsor a worker, employers must first obtain a sponsorship licence from the UK government.
The application process for a license can be costly and time-consuming, and there is no guarantee that the application will be successful.
Once an employer has obtained a license, they must then allocate a certain number of points to the worker based on their skills, qualifications, and experience. The worker must also meet a minimum salary requirement
In order to qualify in this category, the applicant should fulfill ANY ONE of the requirements outlined below:
- Have worked continuously in the UK for 5 years or more;
- Have worked continuously in the UK for 3 years or more and meet one of the following requirements:
- – I have a UK bachelor’s degree or higher;
- – I have a UK professional or academic qualification that is recognized by the Home Office;
- – I’ve been working in a highly skilled occupation (as defined by the Home Office);
- – I am self-employed and can show that I meet the requirements for a work permit;
- – I am the primary carer for a settled person in the UK;
- – I am the primary carer for a person in the UK who has refugee status or humanitarian protection;
- – I have been living in the UK legally for 10 years or more;
- – I have been granted leave under the points-based system, and have been working towards obtaining a settlement for 5 years or more;
You are in:
- Good in health
- At least a bachelor’s degree from a reputed university
- Fluent in English
- Good character
- Your job under UK skilled shortage list
How to Apply for Tier 2 Visa Sponsorship
Find a visa-sponsoring employer in the United Kingdom.
Do not look at all the employment in the UK unless you are a British, Scottish, or Welsh citizen. Even if you receive a job offer, if the firm does not support you, your efforts will be futile. When you know you need a sponsor, always look for employment with firms that are part of the Tier 2 visa sponsorship program.
You may be able to locate over 22,000 firms on the UK visa sponsorship companies list. If you searched each individual firm, it would take you a long time to discover a good work opportunity in your field.
As an alternative, Astrolakejob UK lists all available chances under those firms, and you may simply uncover job openings by filtering relevant categories.
All employment may not have sponsorship, but there is still a chance because those companies have already applied for UK tier 2 visa sponsorship. You may be able to discover visa sponsor employers in the UK using either technique. Here is a list of U.K. Companies that are permitted to sponsor you.
Apply for a visa sponsorship position.
You will be eligible to apply if you have successfully discovered a visa sponsor employer with available work opportunities.
Please examine all of their needs, including credentials, experience, and skills, before contacting the employer directly. Your application will be rejected if you do not fulfill their necessary standards.
Furthermore, when you apply for a job in the United Kingdom. You must format your CV in accordance with UK CV Standards. Again, if you simply apply with your normal CV, your application has an 80% probability of being rejected, even if it is not open. So, take care to build a decent CV in accordance with UK CV standards.
Get a sponsorship certificate
When your employer agrees to hire you, your employer must apply for a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) on your behalf.
This certificate is based on your desired position, pay (£30,000 per year on average), contract time, and everything else.
As previously stated, if your employer is registered with the Tier 2 visa sponsorship program, this is a simple procedure that can be completed in a matter of days. However, because your employer is new to this sponsorship, he or she must register before applying, which might take up to 2-3 months.
As soon as you receive your sponsorship certificate, you can apply for a tier 2 work visa by meeting the government’s qualifying requirements.
Request a Tier 2 visa.
Finally, once you have completed all of the essential stages, found a sponsor, applied for a work visa sponsorship position, and received your certificate of sponsorship (CoS), you are able to apply for a tier 2 visa under the following conditions.
- a valid sponsorship certificate.
- evidence that you will be paid an acceptable wage for your employment.
- English proficiency (IELTS or Live in UK)
- Personal servings to sustain yourself (£945 in your bank account during the previous 90 days if you reside in the UK)
- Excellent health (tuberculosis test results/TB)
- 5 years of travel evidence and history
- Last 12 months’ criminal history
Documents you must submit
- Your sponsorship certificate’s reference number
- Proof of English proficiency (test results)
- Bank statement with the necessary cash
- Valid passport with at least one blank page
- Certificate of criminal record
When everything is in order, you are ready to apply. You may apply online, whether you live in the UK or elsewhere. The visa price varies depending on where you apply and how long your visa is valid.
How can you get in touch with a company for sponsorship?
Search for individuals using the keyword “sponsorship at Visa” on LinkedIn. It will bring up Via Explorers whose work titles include the phrase “sponsorship.” Personally, I would choose one and mail them a letter. At the bottom of the letter, I would include a CC to every other person who seemed to be a current Visa employee in the sponsoring area. I would then write to each of them individually. With that strategy, one of them will undoubtedly consider your suggestion because they are aware that everyone else has also received your outreach.
Cost of Applying for a Tier 2 visa
Up to 3 yearsUp to 3 years – shortage occupationMore than 3 yearsMore than 3 years – shortage occupation