Are you looking for federal, state, and private universities in Nigeria that will admit students with a second choice course of study? If your answer is yes, then you have arrived to the correct location. Students sometimes make the mistake of selecting well-known institutions as their second option without first researching the universities that are willing to admit them using their second preference.
List Of Federal Universities That Accepts Second Choice
Here are the updated list of universities in Nigeria that currently Accept second choice candidates for Admission in JAMB.
- Federal University, Oye Ekiti
- Federal University, Lokoja
- Federal University Dutse, Jigawa State
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal University Dutsema, Kastina State
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University Gusau, Zamfara State
- Federal University Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State
- Federal University Wukari, Taraba State
- University of Maiduguri, Borno State
List Of State Universities That Accepts Second Choice
Here also are list of state Universities you can choose for second choice in JAMB.
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia
- Adamawa State University, Mubi, Adamawa
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom
- Anambra State University, Uli, Anambra
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi
- Cross Rivers University of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers
List of Private Universities That Accepts Second Choice in Jamb
The following is a list of private universities that will accept students with a second choice. As I was saying before, the majority of private universities do accept second choices provided that you are able to pay their tuition and other costs. Nevertheless, not all of them will let you in if you choose them as your second option since they already have a large number of candidates who have chosen them as their first option.
In light of this, the following list provides several Private Universities in Nigeria that are an excellent second alternative.
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State, Abia
- American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa
- Modibo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa
- Obong University, Obong, Ntak Akwa-Ibom
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State
- Paul University, Awka Anambra
- Tansian University, Oba, anambra State, Anambra
- University of Mkar, Gboko, Benue State
- Novena University, Ogume, Delta State
- Western Delta University, Ogbara, Delta State, Delta
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State, Delta
The JAMB Universities in Nigeria That DO NOT Allow a Second Choice Application In Jamb
You will not be admitted to any of the following Federal institutions if you list them as your second choice in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board. The schools I include below have publicly said that they would not provide any additional consideration to applicants who name them as their second choice school.
Do not waste your money on their post utme screening form if you put them down as a back-up option on your JAMB application; instead, fill out a jamb change of institution form as soon as feasible.
It has been made clear by these institutions that they would not accept any students who purchase their post utme screening form or list them as a secondary option on their JAMB application.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- University of Calabar
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- University of Jos, Jos