When we talk about the best schools in Canada or even the best schools in the world for both undergraduate, master’s and high studies, the University of Toronto would be on the list. Initially referred to as King’s College in 1827 but changed its name to the University of Toronto.
The University of Toronto offers the best academic quality and has produced prominent men and great leaders around the world today. Currently ranked the best in Canada and amongst the first 20 in the world, the university just like the country is not shy of accepting immigrants and international students.
They have shown open arms to many international students who wish to acquire quality education. Providing lots of scholarship programs to aid students in funding their education. Some scholarships will take care of your studies in its entirety, while some are partially funded and might just be limited to monthly stipends and grants.
The university has three campuses all located in Canada. The main campus is located in Toronto, and others in Scarborough, and Mississauga. The school has over 64,000 students and the majority are students from all parts of the world.
You can also study at the University of Toronto for free if you are able to access one of the fully funded scholarship programs. Every year, thousands of international students worldwide apply for the scholarship in the university, some are awarded scholarships to study in Canada others just have to try again and again.
When applying you must apply for not just one fully-funded scholarship, you can apply to as many as 5. This would boost your chances of winning one of the scholarships with some considerations on your eligibility.
Tuition and Fees
You should also have in mind that it is not cheap to study in Canada, let alone studying in one of Canada’s best schools. Master’s and Ph.D. scholars pay a fee of approximately $50,000 every year, while undergraduates pay up to $25,000 to $35,000 CAD per year.
There are schools in Canada that accept cheaper tuition, accommodation and other fees in Canada. So without further discussions, let’s talk about the fully funded scholarships provided by the University of Toronto.
List of Fully Funded Scholarships for international students
- Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program
- University of Toronto International Engineering Scholarships
Masters and Ph.D.
- Vanier CGS –A Tri-Agency Award (Ph.D.)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships (Master’s, Ph.D.)
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship Program (Ph.D.)
How to Apply to the University of Toronto
The first step to applying to the university is to select which course you want to study either as an undergraduate or higher study.
The second step is to meet all the requirements
- Candidates must meet the educational credentials equivalent to their home country. The credentials differ from country to country. Click here to see your country’s educational requirements.
- Find a supervisor at the university. This is for students who are applying for Masters or higher. Find out more about choosing a supervisor via Select a Supervisor
- International students are required to obtain a minimum score of 7.0 in their IELTS exam. Find out more.
- The third step is to prepare your application along with all the required documents.
- The fourth step is to apply online on the school website. Click here to apply
- The final step is to travel to Canada if your application is successful, and complete all the necessary registrations.
For more information on how to successfully study in Canada at the University of Toronto, follow the link to the website. Click here to get started.