Brief Description: International Students around the world are invited to apply to the University of Waikato in New Zealand. Each successful applicant will be considered for the International Excellence Scholarship for academically talented students from anywhere in the world. Candidates who have just been accepted into the University for an Undergraduate or Postgraduate program at the university are eligible for this scholarship.
Host Institution and Country: University of Waikato, New Zealand
Level/Field of Study: Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree program offered at the university.
Scholarship Value: Qualified candidates will receive a grant worth NZ$10,000 which will be effected on their tuition when they get accepted, or once they complete their registration at the university. The money an applicant can receive will be dependent on some factors like the total budgeted and available funding, the student academic grades, students financial need, number of credits the students have enrolled on, the number of applicants, and the time the student enrolled
- Applying candidates must first be enrolled first-time in an eligible Bachelor or a Master’s course program at the university/college.
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident at any of the selected countries. See the list of countries below.
- Applicants must not have previously been enrolled for a course program at the university, first-time or freshmen applicants are the only ones eligible to apply.
- Students have to be residing in New Zealand during the time of application.
- Applicants are also required to present proof of English language proficiency which must meet the university requirements.
- Selection for the scholarship is made based on merits and students’ academic performances and excellence.
- You are also required to a personal statement that should answer the following questions:
- What your career goals and aspirations are?
- How will international education aid you to achieve your goals?
- What would you say you have that others don’t that makes you an ideal candidate for the scholarship?
Target Group or Country: USA, Canada, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador, Germany, UK, France, Norway, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Maldives, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Jordan, Iran, Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Mauritius.
Application deadline: Students can apply at any time this 2020/2021 but must do that from the country.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are applying for the scholarship are to first apply to the school for an Undergraduate or Postgraduate program. Afterward apply for the scholarship award from the country, meaning that students must accept the admission and travel to the school in New Zealand in order to receive this award. The scholarship link is found below.
Scholarship Website and Application link(s):
Note: please bear in mind that Gettoguide does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. we simply provide you information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.