So many countries provide scholarships for students at different levels, but the number of scholarships provided does not cover the number of students admitted every year. So students find other sources of income like getting part-time jobs to help them raise more money.
Countries such as Canada, offer free education to students up to some level but then the free education is for Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
So, not every student in Canada enjoys either the scholarships or the free education provided, and so they come down to paying the full cost to study in Canada which can be very challenging at some point.
Studying in a developed country and top universities are very expensive. If you do not have strong financial backing, or you do not qualify for one of the available scholarships, then it may prove very difficult and almost impossible to meet up with the fees.
To study in Canada, the USA, Australia, or any European country, students must show proof of financial capability and stability to cater to their studies at least the first year. Countries such as Canada, the USA, etc. permits students to take up part-time jobs while they study and a full-time job during holidays.
This would allow the students to gain some working experience, while also making money for themselves to take care of accommodation, school fees, transportation, and feeding.
How To Find A Part-time Job
Getting a part-time job can be very easy depending on which job you feel more comfortable doing. It is also a good way to build up your CV, work experience, and also earn good money. So many universities offer on-campus Jobs to students, which means you do not have to sear very far for a job.
It is always advisable to take up on-campus jobs as there is a lot of benefits attached to it. Working on the campus you save yourself the hassle of moving from your hostel to your workplace. You also save your self some cash too.
To get started, you can make a list of your comfortable, and favorite jobs on-campus and off-campus included. Then apply for these jobs online or approach the employer in person as some of them prefer a one-on-one application/interview.
If you do not have much time to go around looking for a job, you can employ the services of a recruitment agency to make it simpler. You must try to find a job and apply on time because time is usually very rare when combining school with work.
Find a job that offers you enough time for school and your studies as it is your number priority.
Top 20 Part-Time Jobs For Students 2020
The following jobs are all part-time jobs that allow students to fix a convenient time to work.
- Freelancer-Average Salary: $22.50 per hour
- Personal shopper-Average Salary: $21.62 per hour
- Nanny-Average Salary: $15.29 per hour
- Tour guide-Average Salary: $14.45 per hour
- Bartender-Average Salary: $11.43 per hour
- Parking Attendant-Average Salary: $10.43 per hour
- Web Developer-Average Salary: $25.00 per hour
- Blogging-Average Salary: $30.00 per hour
- Graphic Designer-Average Salary: $23.00 per hour
- Massage Therapist-Average Salary: $22.00 per hour
- Bookkeeper-Average Salary: $13.00 per hour
- Private tutor-Average Salary: $11.00 per hour
- General Office Clerk-Average Salary: $11.00 per hour
- Restaurant Host/Hostess-Average Salary: $14.00 per hour
- Warehouse Associate-Average Salary: $13.00 per hour
- Delivery Driver-Average Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Cleaner-Average Salary: $12.00 per hour
- Home Chef-Average Salary: $14.00 per hour
- Virtual Assistant-Average Salary: $22.00 per hour
- IT Support Specialist-Average Salary: $26.00 per hour