How would you feel having a career or job that allows you enough time for yourself and actually pay you a good sum that would take care of the bills, sounds great right? There are a lot of jobs that demand all your time and commitment, allowing you zero self-time. You practically work round the clock, and if you are a parent, you will have no time for your kids and the chances are that you will fail as a parent.
To solve this problem, you can either consider a part-time job or develop a skill that would help you become self-employed. Although, the two solutions are often intertwined because so many part-time jobs out there require you have some skill to start them.
You can work part-time for two jobs if you have enough time to spare, and the best part is you can schedule your own time at your convenience.
Some of the reasons you should consider a part-time job
- You get to set your own time
- You have control over your income, which means you can extra hours or lesser since you get paid hourly.
- It allows you to balance work with the home or parental duties, that is, it allows you enough time with your children.
- There is no retirement age for a part-time job as most of them require your skill.
- As a student, a part-time job helps you develop and gain more work experience.
- A part-time job opens you to more job opportunities and allows you enough time for your extracurricular activities.
- It also helps to stay healthy and reduce stress tremendously.
- You also may notice that a part-time job saves you some cash, and reduces unnecessary spending.
When you think of all these benefits you may wonder why so many people still go for a full-time job and not the other way. A full-time job makes you feel a sense of security (Job Security), plus you earn a lot more.
First, not all the full-time jobs pay well enough when compared to part-time jobs, and you still get to control your earnings.
The security of a job does not depend on a full-time or part-time basis, it depends first on the company and your importance to them.
So practically no job is secured or assured for anyone, and with a part-time job, you needn’t worry since you will have enough time to check out more job openings and opportunities.
People also searched for:
- Top 20 Universities In The UK With High Employability Rate
- Top 20 Best Universities In Canada Accepting International Students This Year
- Top 15 Universities With Scholarships In Canada Accepting Second Class Lower Graduates
10 Part-time Jobs That Actually Pay The Bills
The following jobs allow you to work with your own time and also earn enough money hourly to take care of your family.
- Bartender Earns an Average Salary: $11.43 per hour
- Web Developer Earns an Average Salary: $25.00 per hour
- Blogging Earns an Average Salary: $30.00 per hour
- Graphic Designer Earns an Average Salary: $23.00 per hour
- Waiter and Waitress Earns Average hourly wages: $10.47
- Nanny Earns an Average Salary: $15.29 per hour
- Nail Technician Earns Average hourly wages: $11.70
- Retail Salesperson Earns Average hourly wages: $11.63
- Taxi Driver Earns Average hourly wages: $12.49
- Customer Service Representative Earns Average hourly wages: $16.23
- Massage Therapist Earns Average hourly wages: $19.92
[…] number of students admitted every year. So students find other sources of income like getting part-time jobs to help them raise more […]