This fellowship program is an opportunity for women who are from developing nations to study Ph.D. or doctoral, and post-doctoral programs in Canada and the United States. Last year the fellowship awarded over 200 scholarship awards to women from countries in Africa and other developing countries.
The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Program was launched in the year 2004. To offer opportunities to women who intend to pursue Ph.D. degrees in the science, technology, engineering or mathematics field. And those who show good leadership qualities may be eligible for this scholarship.
The program’s aim is to attract and present opportunities for more women to pursue careers in sciences, technology, engineering, and the mathematics field. Thereby removing the shield preventing women from taking up projects and jobs in these fields.
Candidates who eventually wins the award will receive the sum of $50,000 per year if you are pursuing a Ph.D. program and a maximum of $40,000 if you are pursuing a Post-doctorate program. The award or scholarship is also renewable until the program is completed but you must maintain the high academic performance.
- You must have completed your bachelor’s degree or undergraduate studies that are equivalent to the U.S. bachelor’s degree before you can apply.
- Applicants must show they have a commitment in the home country which should see them return after the program. This will enable them to contribute to the growth and development of your home country. It will also help improve the economic, social and technological advancement of their country, pursuing careers in the teaching and research faculties of their home institutions and also taking on positions in the public sector.
- Apply to the intended institution in the U.S. at the time of application or you should currently be running your program at any university abroad.
- Applicants are selected based on academic performances and achievements.
- Applicants must show leadership qualities to thrive in the home country.
- English language proficiency is very vital and proof to show that is usually required.
How to Apply
The application is usually open on September 5 every year and closes in December. You can read more about the program on its website. And you can apply here.
Note: please bear in mind that Gettoguide does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. we simply provide you information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.
[…] The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Program […]