In the Autumn semester of this year, the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship program that replaces the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS), will grant scholarships to a significant number of master’s programs at Swedish universities.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals seeks to train future global leaders who will contribute to the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and to positive and sustainable development in their home nations and area.
Professionals that display leadership skills via their unique projects or ideas are always encouraged to apply for SI scholarships. Without a question, the country is synonymous with variety and creativity.
This is because the country’s relevant ministry has recognized the legitimate need to promote diversity, culture, and education by giving fully-funded scholarships for overseas students.
- Swedish Higher Education Institutions and Swedish Universities
Level/Field(s) of study:
- You’ll find the list of eligible master programs for the SISGP call for the application academic year here.
Number of Scholarships:
- An estimated 350 scholarships will be available in 2022.
- Students from the following 42 countries:
- Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Russian Federation; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Turkey; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
The scholarship pays for full tuition, monthly living expenses of SEK 10,000, insurance, and a one-time trip award of SEK 10,000-15,000 (only for scholarship holders living outside Sweden).
The scholarship is only available for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programs that begin in the autumn semester.
There are no extra awards available to family members. It also does not cover the University Admissions application fee.
To be eligible for SISGP:
- You must be a citizen of one of the countries that are eligible for SI scholarships (see above).
- You must have at least 3,000 hours of work experience from a maximum of three organizations/companies prior to February 10th.
- You must apply for a Master’s degree program that is qualified for SI funding (see above). Depending on your nation of citizenship, the institution prioritizes programs in specific academic areas.
- You must have exhibited leadership experience in your present or past work, as well as in civic initiatives.
- You must be responsible to pay tuition fees to Swedish institutions, have completed the University Admissions process, and have been admitted to one of the qualifying master’s programs before April 7th.
Other requirements include dual citizenship, prior living and education in Sweden, and more. The exact eligibility requirements may be seen on the official website.
To begin, apply for a master’s program by 17 January at universityadmissions.se.
After submitting your application for the master’s program (s) at universityadmissions.se, you will be assigned an eight-digit personal application number. You will need this number when applying for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals.
You can apply for a SI scholarship once you have finished your application to a master’s program. From 10 February 00:01 through 28 February, you must digitally submit the needed papers using the online application site.
- Official Scholarship Website