The First Aid Attendant works in the First Aid facility in the park. This is a key position in the organization, ensuring all guests and team members First Aid and emergency concerns are managed effectively.
The First Aid Attendant works in the First Aid facility in the park. This is a key position in the organization, ensuring all guests and team members First Aid and emergency concerns are managed effectively. This position is responsible for opening and running the office, responding to calls in the park, the maintenance of inventory and the completion of all appropriate documentation. The First Aid Attendant must be committed to providing exceptional, empathetic and confidential service while presenting a professional image and an exceptional level of care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all guests and team members First Aid and emergency concerns are managed effectively
- Opening and running the First Aid office
- Responding to calls in the park
- Maintenance of inventory and the completion of all appropriate documentation
- Interact with a wide variety of guests and outside agencies on behalf of the park
- Work with enthusiasm and energy, multitasking, maintaining confidentiality and concentration while working under a variety of pressures and various weather conditions
- Follow all legislative and Marineland Health and Safety policies
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other duties as assigned
- Direct front line first aid and emergency service experience in a related field is required
- Current certification in CPR & Emergency First Aid procedures is mandatory.
- Candidates who have work experience with St. John’s Ambulance, previous work experience in a similar role or are students in closely related courses of study are preferred
- The ability to take control of any situation and understand when to take appropriate action and make decisions in difficult or emergency situations in a calm and controlled manner
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and speaking skills with the ability to work with a can-do attitude, always achieving a positive guest or team member experience
- Full understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- Knowledge of theme park operations and crowd control techniques would be considered an asset
- Physically fit with the ability to stand and/or walk throughout the entirety of scheduled shifts, during various weather conditions
- Work independently and/or part of a team
- Support a 7 day a week operation, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Marineland of Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please contact us in advance to make us aware of your needs
To apply for this job please visit careers.marineland.ca.