There over 105 Universities and colleges in the United Kingdom, you can see the list at the end of this article. The only problem you might encounter when picking a University in the UK making your choice on which best school you will attend.
Now when selecting a university in the UK you can look for the top universities in the UK (all though the universities here are unique in their own way) that offer the course program you intend to study;
Research on the cost of studying in the university you selected ( the course program selected, the location you reside which determines the distance from the school, your lifestyle are all the factors that can determine your cost for studies).
To select a university, you have to consider:
- Which course or program you want to study and if the University offers such courses or programs.
- Choose the location you want to live which must be close to the university your intent to apply for. This would save you more expenses than you probably would realize.
- The schools charge different amounts for fees, mainly based on their reputation and infrastructure or quality of education offered.
- Find out the requirements for each university selected
- Find out which schools offer more scholarship opportunities to students.
- Find out which universities have the highest graduate employability rate
- Look out for University ranking, which is probably the easiest and fastest way to pick a school.
- Apply for different course programs at a university or universities.
- Ensure that you note the deadlines for each program you are going to study and the university you are applying to.
- Does the school reach the teaching standard for you?
- What are the course fees and accommodation costs and standards?
- Is the institution recognized by UK authorities as having UK degree-awarding powers?
Basic Requirements for International Students to Study in the UK
- You need to provide your Birth certificate; your passport, national ID; some schools/university may ask for a reference letter; Evidence of English competency (TOEFL, IELTS, C1 Advanced scores); Copies of degree/diploma certificates; Academic transcripts;
- Health Insurance
- Your student visa
- Pay your tuition fees and other required fees
- Travel and start your studies.