We listed some of the benefits that are associated when you study in Germany in our other post. You can check out all the benefits here. Here we will discuss the steps involved in applying for a student visa in Germany.
Before you get to the stage of applying for a visa, there are things you must put in place and document that you have to get ready. These documents will have to include your admission letter, your travel insurance, a blocked account, etc. what is a blocked account? Find out more documents that may be required.
List Of Documents Needed To Apply For Germany Student Visa
- Valid Passport
- Letter of Admission
- Proof of Language Proficiency
- Proof of Payment; these include visa fees, tuition fees, etc.
- A proof to show your academic qualification.
- Travel health insurance
- 3 to 5 passport photographs
- Application form
- You must have proof of financial aid or a substantial sum in your block account to take care of you at least for your first year.
- Print out of your passport front and the backside.
- Cover letter to clearly state your motive for moving to Germany, the duration or period you will be staying, and also stating that you are fit for studies.
Steps to Apply for A student Visa to Germany
- After you must have prepared all your documents, created the block account, obtained a letter of admission, etc.
- You will have download and fill out the application form
- Attach all the required documents and submit them at the Germany embassy in your country.
- Ensure you book an appointment for a visa interview the minute you receive your letter of acceptance.
- Make sure all the documents you are going with are all the original copies, then you can make 3 photocopies of each.
- If you are successful and you answer all the questions correctly and truthfully, you will be granted a visa.
- The next step is to arrange and plan your travel; you should know that the visa starts counting with your program. This means when your program expires your visa will terminate, so you should make haste and travel on time.