The Holland Scholarship is intended for foreign students from countries other than the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the Netherlands. Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Fill out an application for the Holland Scholarship!
The Holland Scholarship, funded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science, is intended for foreign students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who desire to study at one of Holland’s research institutions or university of applied sciences.
The Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science, as well as many Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences, are funding this fellowship.
The scholarship is worth € 5,000. This will be given to you throughout your first year of studies. Please keep in mind that this isn’t a full-tuition scholarship.
- Participating research universities and universities of applies sciences (see the official website for complete list)
Level/Field(s) of Study:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Programme in eligible fields of study offered by the participating institutions
Number of Awards:
- Not specified
- International students from outside the EEA
The scholarship is worth €5,000 in total. Please keep in mind that this isn’t a full-tuition scholarship. The grant is only available for one year and may only be used once.
- You are not an EEA national.
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s degree at one of the participating Dutch universities.
- You fulfill the particular requirements of your preferred university. These are available on the institution’s website.
- You have never before attended a Dutch educational institution.
On November 1, the application period for the next academic year will start. The application deadline is either 1 February or 1 May. Please confirm the right deadline by visiting the website of the institution of your choosing.
Code of conduct
Nuffic or Nuffic-managed programs may not participate in activities that include undesirable behavior. It might be about interpersonal or financial misbehavior, or power abuse. To address improper behavior, Nuffic has an Integrity Code of Conduct. Furthermore, actions including the following situations/behaviors are deemed unacceptable:
Bankruptcy, insolvency, or winding-up processes; failure to pay taxes or social security contributions; involvement with a criminal organization;
Money laundering or terrorist funding; terrorist offenses or offenses related to terrorist activity; irregularity; formation of a shell company; membership in a shell business
“We recognise our Code of Conduct when implementing our programs. Our Code of Conduct outlines how we put our vision and principles into action on a daily basis. We discuss the professional and ethical behavior expected of all of us, as well as those who handle particular Holland Scholarships.” according to the providers of this award.