This program offers another opportunity to international students who wish to complete further their studies for a Doctoral program in Ontario. International students who are qualified and have the potentials needed to improve the schools in Ontario are awarded the scholarship.
Using a 2/3 to 1/3 government to institution ratio, approximately 15 Ontario Trillium Scholarships for Ph.D. scholars are awarded every year at the University of Toronto.
Who is Eligible?
- The program is only opened to international students, either temporary residents in Canada or those outside Canada are eligible (Citizens and permanent residents who reside in Canada or outside Canada are not eligible).
- Candidates will not have any program still running in any of the Universities in Ontario.
- I have obtained a full-time admission to study any doctoral program. with a funding commitment beginning September of the upcoming academic year; and
- Have achieved an A- average in each of the last two years of full-time study.
- The awarding of this scholarship program is solely based on merit and candidates must not have already started studying or completed more than one year of Doctoral studies before the nomination.
- When students eventually win the prestigious award, they must ensure they adhere to the rules for maintaining the award.
- Candidates must ensure they maintain the good academic achievements for which the award was issued.
- Candidates must not change the status of their program from say full-time to part-time, this may terminate the scholarship and refunds may be required.
- Must not concurrently hold a scholarship offered by any of the following agencies: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarships in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST).
- If the candidate’s legal status in Canada changes from Temporary to permanent residence after receiving the first installment, will still be eligible for other balance and benefits of the award.
All nominations are only valid if they are made by a graduate unit during the winter session. The personal application deadline will be set by each graduate unit find out more
Scholarship in a glance
Student Deadline: Date set by the graduate unit
Application Dates: Winter
Level of Study: Doctoral
Required Legal Status: International
Contacts & Resources
Please direct all questions about this competition to:
Graduate Awards Officer (Internal)
School of Graduate Studies